Recital is a powerful scripting language with an embedded high performance database used for developing character mode database applications on Linux.
Recital is the only SQL database and 4GL for Linux that has 100% language and database compatibility with FoxPro and FoxBASE.
According to Oracle, statistics show that migrating your applications to run against a new database can amount to 50% of your overall migration project, and that does not include recoding of the application logic! That's why Recital is the premier tool for running, enhancing, and supporting your legacy FoxPro and FoxBASE applications on Linux without the need to rewrite the application, or retrain your developers and end-users.
With its high degree of compatibility with FoxPro, FoxBASE and Clipper, Recital is used extensively to migrate legacy FoxPro, FoxBASE and Clipper applications to Linux. Once migrated, these applications can be further enhanced and modernized for use on the web using Recital Web, and as GUI client server desktop applications using the Recital Server If you have FoxPro, FoxBASE or Clipper programming experience, there is no need to learn a new programming language. With Recital you are productive immediately!
Recital is the perfect database for small and mid-sized enterprises. It has been refined for over 20 years with a focus on the issues that are key to the SME: delivering consistently superb application performance, long term reliable operation without requiring a database administrator, self tuning and self optimizing, simple, fast installation, easy upgrades, years of backward compatibility and responsive technical support.
- Compatible with FoxPro 2.6, FoxBASE, and Clipper
- Just-in-time compiled for performance
- Navigational and SQL data access
- Active Data Dictionary for business rules and access control
- High performance using Row level locking
- Flexible data access controls with table, column and field-level protection
- Databases can be encrypted using DES3 encryption
- Access to Recital, FoxPro, dBase, Clipper, CISAM is handled natively
- World class highly responsive customer support
- Supports Very Large Databases (tables larger than 2GB) up to 2^63 bytes
- Supports MySQL SQL syntax including CREATE/DROP/USE DATABASE and running .sql files
- NEW! Recital Cluster Edition for high scaleability and fault tolerance
- Intel® / AMD™ 32 bit Linux
- Intel® / AMD™ 64 bit Linux
- Intel® Linux Redhat 7.2 and above
- Other Intel® Linux requires kernel >= 2.4
Please Contact us for pricing