Support added Clipper compatibility
SET CLIPPER ON | OFF | (<expL>)
ASTORE(), CREATE, DB_FOXPLUSBUGS, DB_FOXPROKEYS, EDITFIELD(), EOF(), FILE(), FILETYPE(), FOUND(), GOTO, INDEXEXT(), MEMOEDIT(), PARAMETERS, PRIVATE, PUBLIC, SECONDS(), SECS(), SET CLIPPER5, SET COMPATIBLE, SET EDITFIELD, SET FILECASE, SET FILETYPE, SET INDEXEXT, SET MEMOEXT, SET PCEDIT, SET PCEXACT, SET PCFILTER, SET PCGRAPHICS, SET PCKEYS, SET PCLOCKING, SET PCPICTURE, SET PCSAYS, SET PCUNIQUE, SKIP, VERSION()
The SET CLIPPER commands toggles between use of Clipper behavior and Recital behavior. There are certain instances where Clipper programs will behave slightly differently under the Recital environment. This SET command has been implemented to compensate for these differences. When SET CLIPPER is ON the following will be in effect:
- The ASTORE() function will not trim the strings that are stored in the array passed to ASTORE().
- The FILE() function will not concatenate ’.dbf’ to the parameter, if the parameter passed does not have a file extension.
- The SECONDS() function will return the same value as the Recital function SECS().
- If less parameters are passed to a procedure or a function then are declared with the PARAMETER statement, the extra variables are set to type UNDEFINED instead of LOGICAL.
- If the record number qualifier of the GOTO command is less than zero or greater than the number of records, an error message is not generated and EOF() is set to TRUE and FOUND() is set to FALSE.
- In a program the command CREATE <filename> will create an empty database with the following structure.
|FIELD_TYPE||Character||1||data type of field|
|FIELD_LEN||Numeric||3||width of field|
|FIELD_DEC||Numeric||3||# of decimal places|
- Memory variables created with a PUBLIC or a PRIVATE statement are created with a type of UNDEFINED.
- The SKIP 0 command flushes locked records to disk if modifications have been made. NOTE: SKIP 0 will not work this way in interactive mode.
- The MEMOEDIT() function provides full parameter syntax compatibility with Clipper
- The VERSION() function will have a return value of ’Clipper Summer 87’.
set clipper on create strutable set clipper off
Recital Server, Recital