Recital is the only cross-platform SQL database and 4GL for Linux, Unix, and OpenVMS that has 100% language and database compatibility with FoxPro andFoxBASE.
According to Oracle, statistics show that migrating your applications to run against a new database can amount to 50% of your overall migration project, and that does not include recoding of the application logic! That's why Recital is the premier cross-platform tool for running, enhancing, and supporting your legacy FoxPro and FoxBASE applications on Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X without the need to rewrite the application, or retrain your developers and end-users.
With its high degree of compatibility with Visual FoxPro, FoxPro, FoxBASE and Clipper, Recital is used extensively to migrate legacy Visual FoxPro, FoxPro, FoxBASE and Clipper applications to new supported platforms such as linux and Unix. Once migrated, these applications can be further enhanced and modernized for use on the web using Recital Web, and as GUI client server desktop applications using the Recital Server If you have Visual FoxPro, FoxPro, FoxBASE or Clipper programming experience, there is no need to learn a new programming language. With Recital you are productive immediately!
Recital is the perfect database for small and mid-sized enterprises. It has been refined for over 20 years with a focus on the issues that are key to the SME: delivering consistently superb application performance, long term reliable operation without requiring a database administrator, self tuning and self optimizing, simple, fast installation, easy upgrades, years of backward compatibility and responsive technical support.
- Compatible with Visual Foxpro 8.0, FoxPro 2.6, FoxBASE, and Clipper
- Just-in-time compiled for performance
- Navigational and SQL data access
- Active Data Dictionary for business rules and access control
- Broad cross-platform support; Linux, UNIX, and Mac OS X
- High performance using Row level locking
- Flexible data access controls with table, column and field-level protection
- Databases can be encrypted using DES3 encryption
- Access to Recital, Visual FoxPro, FoxPro, dBase, Clipper, CISAM is handled natively
- World class highly responsive customer support
- Supports Very Large Databases (tables larger than 2GB) up to 2^63 bytes
- Supports Visual FoxPro SQL syntax
- Supports MySQL SQL syntax including CREATE/DROP/USE DATABASE and running .sql files
- NEW! Recital Cluster Edition for high scaleability and fault tolerance
- NEW! Recital Replication for automatic data replication to a geographically remote site for disaster recovery
- Intel® / AMD™ 32 bit Linux
- Intel® / AMD™ 64 bit Linux
- HP PA-RISC HP-UX® 10.20 and above
- Sun® SPARC Solaris™ 8 and above
- HP Alpha OpenVMS 7.2-1 and above
- SCO® OpenServer 5.0.5 and above
- Sun® Intel® Solaris™ 10 and above
- IBM AIX® 4.3 and above
- Intel® Linux Redhat 7.2 and above
- Other Intel® Linux requires kernel >= 2.4
- HP Integrity OpenVMS 8.2-1 and above
- HP Intel® Itanium® HP-UX® 11.23 and above
- Mac OS X leopard 10.5 and above
Large File Support is available for Windows, Itanium HP-UX and Linux.