Recital Web is a server-side scripting language with an embedded database for creating dynamic Web pages.
Recital Web incorporates a feature-rich scripting language that is especially suited for Web Database development. It is embedded into HTML pages in the same way as you would build dynamic pages in PHP with the big difference being that the Recital Web scripting language is compatible with Recital, Visual Foxpro, FoxPRO, FoxBASE and the Clipper programming languages.
With Recital Web you can rapidly build web-based database applications that interact with back-end Recital, Visual Foxpro, FoxPro, FoxBASE, clipper, and CISAM data. No additional database software needs to be installed to achieve this functionality as it is all handled internally by Recital Web.
You create Recital Web HTML pages with an ".rsp" file extension. When a visitor requests the page, the server processes the Recital commands embedded in the page and sends the results to the visitor's browser, just as with ASP or PHP.
Recital Web runs on Windows, Linux and many Unix versions including Mac OS X, and it can be used with Apache on Linux and Unix and Microsoft IIS on Windows.
In addition to manipulating the dynamic content of your web pages, Recital Web can also send HTTP headers so that your web applications can set cookies, manage authentication, and redirect users.
The Recital Web engine processes everything between those tags in page with an ".rsp" file extension.
Recital Web's scripting language syntax is compatible with Recital, Visual Foxpro, FoxPRO, FoxBASE and the Clipper programming languages so if you know any of these programming languages you can be productive immediately!
- Scripting language is compatible with Visual Foxpro 8.0, FoxPro 2.6, FoxBASE, and Clipper
- Just-in-time compiled for performance
- Works with both Apache and Microsoft IIS
- Uses standard security/authentication of either Apache or IIS including "https" support
- Navigational and SQL data access
- Broad cross-platform support; Linux, UNIX, and Mac OS X
- High performance using Row level locking
- Superior performance using Recital SmartQuery
- Flexible data access controls with table, column and field-level protection
- Databases can be optionally encrypted using DES3 encryption
- Access to Recital, Visual FoxPro, FoxPro, dBase, Clipper, and Informix C-ISAM data is handled natively
- World class highly responsive customer support
- Supports Very Large Databases (tables larger than 2GB) up to 2^63 bytes
- Supports Visual FoxPro SQL syntax
- Supports MySQL SQL syntax
- NEW! Recital Cluster Edition for high scaleability and fault tolerance
- NEW! Recital Replication for automatic data replication to a geographically remote site for disaster recovery
- Intel® / AMD™ 32 bit Linux
- Intel® / AMD™ 64 bit Linux
- HP PA-RISC HP-UX® 10.20 and above
- Sun® SPARC Solaris™ 8 and above
- HP Alpha OpenVMS 7.2-1 and above
- SCO® OpenServer 5.0.5 and above
- Sun® Intel® Solaris™ 10 and above
- IBM AIX® 4.3 and above
- Intel® Linux Redhat 7.2 and above
- Other Intel® Linux requires kernel >= 2.4
- HP Integrity OpenVMS 8.2-1 and above
- HP Intel® Itanium® HP-UX® 11.23 and above
- Mac OS X leopard 10.5 and above
- Apache 2.2 and above on Linux, Unix and Mac OS X
- Microsoft IIS on Windows
Large File Support is available for Windows, Itanium HP-UX and Linux. Linux Large File Support requires glibc >= 2.2 and an ext2 file system